Get your Pleasure Craft Operator Card - Online

The Competency of Operators of Pleasure Craft Regulations require that all operators of pleasure craft fitted with a motor have proof of competency by means of a pleasure craft operator card and proof of age on board at all times. Its the Law!

Anyone boating in Canadian Waters and found to not have a boaters licence will be subject to a fine of $250.00.

The image on the left will link you to Transport Canada's approved boating test the pleasure craft operator card. Once you register for the exam you can study the free course material and then you can write your exam online with unlimited repeat re-writes until you successfully pass.

The Regulations also apply to non-residents:
  • If they operate their pleasure craft in Canadian waters for more than 45 consecutive days or,
  • If they operate a pleasure craft that is licensed or registered in Canada (including rented or chartered boats).
  • The Regulations do not apply to non-residents who operate their pleasure craft in Canadian waters for less than 45 consecutive days. Please note that a proof of residence will be required on board at all times

Acceptable Proof of Competency for Non-Residents. For non-residents, proof of competency can take one of three forms:

  • A Canadian-issued pleasure craft operator card.
  • A completed boat rental safety check-list (for power-driven rental boats). For insurance purposes we highly recommend getting the Canadian-issued pleasure craft operator card.
  • An operator card or equivalent that meets the requirements of their state or country. 

If you live in the United States - Visit: USA boating licence locations